Monday, May 5, 2014

Works Every Time


England clan,

Yeah those were some long emails, but I read all of them... probably the first time that I read it all thoroughly and didn't just scan over it. Haha example, There is an Elder Burnett who is serving here with his wife and he is from Dan's stake, and he just told me like 5 minutes ago that Dan is the new stake Pres. and I was like what? I didn't know that! So yeah iI'm not really sure if that was something that I just skimmed right over or what, but good luck Uncle Dan, you'll do awesome. 

Okay first of all, I can't do skype at 8 sorry. We have to be in the house at 8 doing the weekly numbers. We talked with a couple who are temple missionaries who said that we can do skype with them. So because we have to be in the house at 8 we were planning to do it at 5:30 Uruguayan time. Also I have only 40 minutes to skype. Really sorry if this doesn't work well with the schedule. I'm thinking now that we could do it here at 6:45. because the Giles (the family that we are going to) have a computer and an ipad so we can do it at the same time. And it's like 15 minutes away from our house. So we will plan on 6:45 Uruguayan time. I don't know if Mace will be able to do it at that time or if Kenna will be home, but that is the latest that I can do it. Just let me know next Saturday:) I'M SO EXCITED!

So this week has been pretty awesome. Elder Webber and I are getting along really well. He is a super low key, fun type of guy but also a really hard worker. We have seen a lot of success in this past week. We found a lady named Isabel in the street last Saturday, I think I told you guys about her. But we had an awesome charla with her yesterday and she says that she is going to come to church on Sunday and try to bring one of her friends that she thinks could use some help... already being a member missionary! But we put a baptismal date with her for Mother's Day!!!! I really think and hope that she can progress and make it to baptism. We also have a lot of other investigators that have a lot of potential, for instance we still have Endira. We have been having more contact with her this week, and have had some really great charlas with her this past week. Elder Webber and I have actually been teaching her in English because she says that she likes English better and she speaks fluently because she lived in the states for like 7 years. But anyways teaching in English is stinkin weird!!! It's kind of hard... we always talk in English (Elder Webber and I) but when we teach it's always in Spanish so my mind was in Spanish mode. But I actually really liked it because I could use big sophisticated words, haha but I feel like I can teach more efficientlty in Spanish... it's just weird.

Oh cool story, I had an intercambio with Elder Eraso who is the new zone leader here. He is from Columbia (oh side note our investigator Isabel is apperently the neice of like one of the biggest drug lords in Columbia. He actually was killed a while ago but Elder Eraso was telling me that he was this crazy drug merchant who killed a bunch of people. Good news is that Isabel wasn't involved with any of that really, she moved out of Columbia when she was two and didn't really have contact with much of her family after that. I think the guys name is Pablo Escobar) But Elder Eraso is super funny and an awesome missionary, and we are pretty good friends. But we had a great day, and at the end of the day we were waiting for the bus and I was just saying that I don't like that fact about this area that we have to rely on the bus to get home on time. And Elder Eraso just asked me if I wanted to pray. So we bowed our heads at this bus stop and I offered a prayer for about 30 seconds. While praying I was just hoping a bus wouldn't come and go while we were closing our eyes. But sure enough as we finished the prayer we saw our bus coming down the street. I just looked at him with a shocked/excited face, and he just said that it works every time. He said he did it a lot with some of his older comps and that it worked every time.

AHHH I'm out of time! I love you all so much. Have a great week, and let me know about skype.

Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment