Tuesday, March 25, 2014

She Is 91 Years Old!

Once a U fan - Always a U fan!

Hey yall!!!

Sounds like the B Day week was great, other than the cat incident - haha. If only we had it on film. Darn the Utes didn't make it, I really thought they were going to do it. We´ll get it next year! Wow 38 on the drill team, and Annie and Maddie made it!!! That is so awesome. Congrats girls. 

Anyways same old same old here. Actually it is starting to cool off a little bit... darn it! I feel like this winter is going to be a cold one. Oh I was going to ask you if you could possibly send me some real long johns or thermal pants. Elder Ochoa says he has like 4 pairs and that they are magical. But yeah I figured I'd rather think ahead than behind. 

This week has been pretty good, we have actually found some people that have some potential to progress. But sadly for most of them it's hard for us to find them a second or third time. Here in Carrasco a lot of the people are working a good portion of the day. But we found this one lady that seems to me that she is going to progress. Her name is Luisa and she is 91 years old! and I love her. We have had like 2-3 lessons with her and she is actually really bright and seems to remember a lot of what we have taught, which is quite surprising because first of all she is 91 and second the average Uruguayan doesn't listen very well. They like to talk more than normal. But Luisa listens fairly well. But seeing that she is Uruguayan she does like to talk to, thankfully she listens during the lesson and then just starts talking after. Haha in the second lesson after we finished teaching she went off and told some like 20 min story about how she made homemade cheese which did not relate to anything - but I found it quite amusing. 

Lucas is doing super awesome! He has actually been coming with us to proselyte for a couple days. And we have eaten lunch with him twice this week. The first time we made mac and cheese and the second time we made some tacos that were really good. I'm pretty much a pro cook now ;)

But yeah that is pretty much what's going on around here. Oh we had interviews with President Cook and I thought it went really well. I got to know him a little better and he got to know me too. Sister Cook was talking to each of us when our comp was getting interviewed so I got to talk to Sister Cook too. They really are just fun-loving/easy-going people. I'm excited to spend the next 15 months with them. 

I can't really think of anything very funny that happened other than Elder Ochoa locked himself in our bathroom the other day and was freaking out! The thing was that we got home and went to the bathroom and then we were going to plan. Well, I went the the bathroom in our upstairs bathroom and then went to our desks but then I heard my comp yelling my name to help him. He was lovked in the bathroom for like a solid 10 min. It reminded me of that one time Dalt got stuck in the bathroom in Italy and was about to scale the side of the building to get out. I was seriously laughing so hard! Yeah don't worry, I got a video :)

Anyways I love you all, have a wonderful week.
Sincerely yours,
Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment