Monday, October 7, 2013

"Doubt Your Doubts Before You Doubt Your Faith"



I spend a lot of time at this desk!


Hola Familia! 

Another week in the bag! These weeks really are flying by! Holy Cow I was so scared to keep reading Macy's email, thinking that something bad was going to happen in the next sentence. But I'm so glad that everything is going to be alright, and that Mace is going to be a trainer!!!!!!!!!! I can honestly say that I could have expected that, because she is so awesome! 

Sounds like everything at home is awesome, or should I say everything in St George. hahahahaha dad I was laughing so hard reading your story, fortunately I have been able to make it to the bathrooms. WOW conference was so awesome!!! I got to listen in English, thank goodness! It seriously was unlike any other conference I have ever seen, just like what president Monson said. I think that is was so spiritually inspiring to me because I actually paid attention the whole time, and tried to take as best of notes as I could. I love the phrases that the prophets use to describe things. A quote that I love from this conference is from Deiter F. Uchtdorf which says, ¨Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith!¨ Seriously this conference had some powerful messages. I noticed two underlining topics that were mentioned quite frequently. The first was the importance of members working alongside missionaries in spreading the gospel, and the other is the importance of relying on the atonement and applying the atonement personally in our lives. My testimony for both of these points is growing tremendously every single day without fail! 

Okay onto how things are going in Florida (Uruguay). Washington was unfortunately not baptized this last week, because he has still been smoking. We are trying so hard to help him realize the "why" to the Word of Wisdom. He says that he knows that what we have taught him is true, and that he is really going to try to stop. Elder Marroquin and I fasted for him yesterday, so I am hoping and praying that he can have the strength to stop. Unfortunately he didn't come to any of the conference sessions. I really think that they could have helped him so much, but he didn't end up coming. Neither did Alejandra. We invited both of them, and made an effort to remind them but neither of them came. It is so interesting because I believe that both of them really know that this church is true, but they both struggle to commit. I feel like if we keep working to help them they'll realize what they need to do. But that is the situation with both of them.

Something that was really hard this week, and I still struggle with is that Juan Pablo is completely inactive. Now it seems that he doesn't even want to talk to us. My first and only baptism so far is already less active. We have tried to help him, but he simply doesn't want anything to do with us. We still talk to Agustine and are still trying to strengthen his faith and testimony. I wish that I could just show these people how much better there lives could be! Juan reminds me a lot of Bo, and I wish I could just grab him by the shirt and straight up tell him what I feel! It is really hard to respect peoples agency when I know that this can help them. But all I can do is keep trying.

I love you all more than you will ever know
Elder England


Playing Some B Ball


Elder Sequra made a mustache out of his
own leg hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment