Monday, August 26, 2013

"Let Me make of you all that you can be"


Hola Familia!!!!

Thank you everyone for the emails!  I loved them, and I have really missed you guys this week! Wow I loved the pics of Mace, and I love reading her emails. It really does help me so much knowing that Mace is doing the same thing that I am doing! It gives me strength to do everything and anything. This week has been pretty hard for me, I've really tried hard to try and stay focused and try to understand the conversation, but a lot of the time I just can't. It's hard to tell if my Spanish is increasing, obviously it is but I just wish I could explain to people what is in my head in Spanish. Thank you dad for that email, and for all the good advice I really needed it. I've realized that if I don't try to talk then my Spanish won't increase. I'm just going to try to be always engaged and try to say stuff even if I don't know what the heck is going on. I also need to use my time more wisely in studying the language. 

Anyways one thing that I love love love about my day is personal study... oh and waking up at 6:30 and working out. Haha just kidding but seriously I'm going to be huge when I get home. Anyways back to personal study, it is so awesome to have an hour set apart every day for studying. Before the mission that just didn't happen. But it has been such a blessing. A couple days ago I read "The Fourth Missionary", and wow it was a lot different reading it now than before, a lot more meaningful! One thing I loved in it says, The United States Army says "Be all that you can be". But neither the army nor you knows all that you can be. The Lord says "Let me make of you all that you can be." I love this, it reminds me of the quote from my talk, "Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." The fourth missionary is an awesome talk, I'm so glad that I brought it. Oh and Ti Voglio Bene has helped me a lot too! Oh that reminds me can you send me a copy of my talk? The address is "Mision Uruguay Montevideo, Dalmiro Costa 4635 Montevideo, Uruguay. And that address is the same for both letters and packages - for the packages just write missionary supplies on it. 

Okay to tell you about Florida, so far I really really like it. It is super low key and the people are really nice and receptive for the most part. The food is actually pretty good, we eat lunch at a members house almost everyday and I have liked all of the food so far. Oh we got that food that Britton made for us at home, it was way good and way better than Britton's... haha just kidding it really tasted the same! Oh and we get bread almost everynight from a member, well it's actually like crescents and stuff like that ooooooohh, everytime I get discouraged I just think - okay make it to the end of the day then you can have some cresents! All my food from home is gone now - I just ate the last of my ritz crackers today, and Elder Marroquin made pancakes this morning - they were pretty darn good and I was way happy that I had some peanut butter to put on them. The weather is not the greatest, actaully it stinks - it is freezing cold and I feel like it is colder inside than out, good thing I have my huge jacket and my gigantic boots ;) 

About Juan Pablo (haha not the bachelor Juan Pablo), he is doing awesome! He came to church yesterday with us and is going to get baptized this Sunday if everything works out. I am so happy for him. He is such an awesome little kid, no one else in his family wants to listen to us. It is going to be hard though, because Juan is the youngest and he has an older brother and sister, and his dad is taking care of them by himself. I'm afraid that once he gets baptized and we leave he Isn't going to be very active, I just wish that his family especially his dad could see how much this gospel could help him. Hopefully through Juan the family might be open to the church. But everything is awesome with him, none of our other investigators are really progressing so we are trying to focus in and try to help them progress. Hopefully we have a good week, I'm feeling like we will.

Well "I miss you like the flower misses the sun" - A Knights Tale

I love you all more than you will ever know :)
Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment