Thursday, August 8, 2013

I LEAVE on Tuesday!

Hello Family!!!

I got Dear Elders!!!!!!!!! I finally got 12 of them last week after I had emailed you guys. I looooooove them. I got them from a lot of people, but I won't go through every one so thank you to everyone that sent one. Booyeah I'm so looking forward to those packages you sent hopefully they'll be there. I LEAVE on Tuesday! It's crazy, I feel like I just got here, but then again I think about it and it feels like I've been here for forever. But I am so excited to get to Uruguay. There is an elder that is from Montevideo and he says that it is totally wicked!

This last week has been pretty good, some highs and some lows. Proselyting was not the greatest, we forced a Book Of Mormon on this one kid and gave out a handful of pamphlets but I just didn't feel like we had any success. It was kind of a down day for me. And it was even harder because Friday night I had prayed really hard that I would be able to have a meaningful experience. Anyways I later realized that I was just thinking about myself. I wanted to have a spiritual experience just so that I could have that experience, when I should be thinking of helping others and sharing the gospel with others. I also think that there was a little friction between me and Elder Patton still. He will constantly just get into moods where I feel like he just hates me. Oh when we were proselyting we saw a soccer field and there were all these little kids playing in like a rec soccer league and it reminded me so much of Bo! (It's awesome to hear that he is stepping up and being the man by pushing the cart at the grocery store and going home teaching) I miss hanging out with my little dude! I always tell everyone that I have a little brother  that is adopted from Guatemala.

Okay so about Elder Patton and I, It's been up and down. We have awesome days and lessons together then he just like randomly stops talking to me and I feel like I'm doing something wrong but he wont talk to me. Anyways a couple days ago, our teacher told our whole district to go around and tell our comps one thing that our companions do really well, and then one thing that they could work on. Haha and guess what Elder Patton said about me... he said that I make my bed really well. I didn't realize that but apparently I make my bed really well, a little weird but okay. Then I told everyone that Elder Patton is really hardworking, and his spanish is really good... and I meant everything that I said, he is really hardworking.  Then I asked him what I could work on and he said nothing. Then I was like come on I know there are a bunch of things that I can work on just tell me one thing. And he still didn't say anything. I was getting so annoyed!!! So I just started saying stuff that I could work on, and then just said to him I think that a good goal for you would be to express and just talk about how everything is going to me. I said that we can't have a friction between us or else the spirit won't be there. And still nothing, we had like 20 minutes to talk about all of this togethter and I think that Elder Patton said a total of ten words to me. And that was at the very end of the day, and I even tried after that meeting to talk to him and straight up to his face said Patton what is going?! And he just said nothing, so I just went to bed! Well the next day we wake up and he gets ready way fast, and just stands there waiting for me and usually we would have had like 20 more minutes so I was just taking my time cause we aren't suppossed to go down to breakfast early. Anyways he then says like five minutes later that he has a district leaders meeting, and that we have to go earlier. So I felt kinda bad cause I was purposely going slow, so I just said sorry man I didn't know, if you would have told me I wouold have hurried. And I think that that kind of knocked some sense into him. Later that day he put a note on my desk that said sorry I've been such a jerk lately. and I told him that it's totally fine I just need him to talk to me. Well I don't know why he wouldn't talk still but things are great now. Elder Patton really isn't that weird he is a normal kid, I just didn't get why he wouldn't talk to me. Okay sorry about all that, I just had to vent a little. But things are great between us now.

I had another super spiritual Sunday!!! I went up and bore a simple testimony, or tried to because I was crying! Then Elder Devashrayee got up right after me and briefly mentioned how it was really nice having someone here that he knew and that it helped him a lot. I was like crying the whole meeting but that made me cry twice as hard. I don't know what is up with me fasting and crying, but when I fast I just start balling! I've learned to just accept the tears now instead of fight them, I'll actually be honest I'ts kinda nice to have a good cry every once in a while. Anyways the whole day was filled with little spiritual experiences. Every class that I went to was focused on me and my needs! I felt like that whole day was focused on me.

Anyways I'm running out of time, I'm not sure if I get to call or what and I'll let you know about mailing and all that stuff when I get to Uruguay. Thanks again for the Dear Elders and the letters that you wrote before I love it all, "Every little thing however small..." (Theres a little Wicked for ya. Oh these girls started singing Wicked songs the other day and it reminded me sooooooo much of alll you guys).

I love you all more than you will ever know, have a great week oh and I think that my P- day might be Monday so I might not get to write you for a while, I guess we will just see.

Love,
Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment