Monday, April 6, 2015

I Am Loving It Here In Durazno


Conference fun!
Elder Miles my comp is the one on the right!




What the heck are they doing there!

Haha it was super weird to see pictures of Ian and Luke at our house. Ugh... they told you the Lorax story. That's okay, I'm not ashamed of it. It sounded super fun though. I really love those guys, and look up to them a lot.

This week was really busy wow. But it was absolutely great. Concilio was so amazing. Elder Miles said that it was the best concilio that he has been too since he has been a zone leader. It was very spiritual and uplifting. They focused a lot on being the fourth missionary and consecrating ourselves every day. On Friday we had a zone conference, and Elder Miles and I taught to the zone everything that they taught us in concilio. I felt really great about the conference, and all the comments I heard about the conference were very positive. During the conference we had all the missionaries write things on a paper that are holding them back from being the fourth missionary. Then we read about the story of the people of Ammon and how they buried their weapons of war. Then after comparing the story to us, we pulled out a trash can and invited all the missionaries to rip up the paper with the things holding them back and throw it away promising to bury those things and never take them out. It was awesome. 

Conference was amazing. I loved the priesthood session. I missed being with dad during that session, but next conference we will be able to go together. I loved Uchtdorfs talks. We actually weren't able to watch the last session on Sunday. It was such a bummer. For one, one of our investigators Karen (a 19 year old girl) showed up for the last session and was excited to watch. However, right as the conference started and Elder Eyring stood to direct, the conference just stopped. After waiting for like 45 minutes for the members to try and fix it, they told us that they weren't going to be able to get it back on. They were saying it was a problem with the satelite signal or something, I don't know. But Karen was really patient in waiting, I was just bummed that she couldn't hear anything. We did watch conference live though. It wasn't in our church, but in the stake center. It's not to far from our building though. This next week we will be there again for stake conference. Hopefully all the missionaries can make plans and arrangements to get their investigators to the conference. 

I am loving it here in Durazno. Elder Martinez, one of the missionaries that I live with, and I always are shooting each other with the nerf guns you sent us. It is such a blessing to live with the missionaries that I'm living with. When everyone has a sincere desire to be obedient and focused it makes everything a lot easier.

The ward is really awesome. This week I should be able to get to know the members a little better. But I feel very comfortable here. 

I remember a year ago going to a stake conference in Durazno with Elder Hatch. It seems like that was yesterday. The time is going by so fast. Just don't get too trunky guys.

I love you all more than you will ever know.

Elder England 

No comments:

Post a Comment