Monday, April 13, 2015

I Got To Go

Hello my wonderful friends,

California looks super fun. It's actually stayed pretty warm here so far, so I'm not too jealous. Mom's face looks hilarious. You're a good sport mom. Those pickles though!!! Sorry to hear about your grandma Dalt. I'll be praying for you guys. 

So Elder Hatch and Elder Ochoa both emailed me talking about their visit. Okay sorry I can't think very straight cause I have to go to the bathroom but the bathroom here is broken so I'm just going to hold it, so this email might be kinda weird.

To answer your question mom, everyone knows about the talk "The Fourth Missionary" and they actually gave me a copy of it when I got here. But they are just putting a big focus on consecrating ourselves. 

We have an investigator named Karen who went to church yesterday!!! Also another investigator named Lilian. Karen is so awesome and has a baptismal date for the 25th. She is only 19 years old and has a little girl named Jazmine who is like 2 years old. She is really smart though, and understands the importance of the family and the mistakes that she has made. She said she really liked the stake conference that we had yesterday, even though we were sitting at the way back and she took her daughter and was watching her the whole time. She is great. Lilian is a former investigator, but she is really awesome as well. She is like 60 years old. I actually met her for the first time in church. We had tried going by several times but she wasn't home, also while I was on an intercambio Elder Miles went with a different missionary to her house. But we had a lesson with her last night, so I got to know her a little better. She is great, and actually has a big testimony, she just has problems with leaving her Catholic roots. She feels like she is betraying her family. But we had a very spiritual lesson last night and she committed to pray about being baptised. She has already gone to church for a long time actually and knows a lot. She just needs to pray about everything. We will see with her. 

I feel great here. Elder Miles is working really hard which helps me a lot. He is actually a really big car guy. It's fun. 

The zone is doing pretty good, we have amazing missionaries here in Durazno. Oh we have an open house in our church this Saturday, so that'll be fun. We have been handing out invitations like crazy. 

Okay I think it's getting to the point where I got to go. I love you very much. Have a great week. Sorry for the short email!

Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment