Thursday, July 24, 2014

Filled With Gratitude



Riding the but with this Peruano :)
My new comp...Elder Lizaraso!

Hello from La Costa!

So I'm in my new area with my new comp. I still don't know if it has hit me yet that I am in a new area. It was really weird for me because I was just getting comfortable in Norte. But from what I have seen the past couple of days, I really like Lomas de Solymar. And Elder Lizaraso and I get along great. He is from peru, and is super chill. It's weird living in just a two elder house, but it gives me more time to shower. The house is pretty good, but it is really humid and gets pretty darn cold. Except today and yesterday have been really nice. It is like really nice right when we leave the house but when the sun goes down it gets COLD. So I end up dragging a jacket around all day and it's super annoying... but I do have to say that when it gets cold I am always happy that I carried it all day. (It reminds me a lot of going to Disneyland. Dad would always tell me to bring a jacket but I really hated carrying a jacket around all day. Well I finally learned dad ;)

As far as investigators go, we don't have much... actually I asked my comp the first day I got here about the investigators and he said, "Um we don't really have any." But hey that's not going to stop us from having some. I could tell that Elder Lizaraso was a little down, but he is a really hard worker. After we started working and finding some people to teach he changed. He is pretty funny, and really likes to tell jokes... but his jokes are horrible. Seriously horrible. I told him, "Elder I think that the sense of humor in Peru is a little different than the States" haha But that hasn't stopped him. He is super obedient so that is awesome! I'm really excited for this next change.

Ever since I got here we have been huntin for some new investigators, and thinking of ways to find people. So on Thursday morning we made a list of a good number of former investigators and started passing by them. And yesterday we had the coolest experience. One of these investigators was a lady named Carol. As we clapped are hands in front of Carol's house she immediately told us to wait a sec and then came and opened her front gate and let us in. As soon as we started talking she said "Yeah you are new because I have seen Elder Lizaraso with another missionary walking past my house a lot." She then went on to tell us that she is Evangelica, but has been having some doubts about her church. She eplained to us that just two weeks ago some neighbors of hers lost a little girl due to cancer. I could tell that she was really worried about this family and about herself and what God wants for her. She then told us that as she had been going through this trial she felt a need to talk to us (the missionaries). She said that it was weird that she didn't feel the need to call her Pastor or go to her church, but an urge to talk to the "Mormons". At that point we really didn't have to say anything, but we plainly testified that what she had felt is the spirit and that this message can fill that need and comfort her in this trial. She then gladly accept a next lesson and a baptismal invitation as well. It was such a miracle.

Yestarday was also a really great day. I introduced myself in sacrament meeting. And the bishop asked me to share something about how my family got to know the church. And I was a little embarrassed to say that I didn't really know how, all I know is that it was a long time ago. I would love it if you could tell me more about how our families came to know the gospel. But I felt very welcomed in the ward. As I sat in sacrament meeting, I pondered on the first Sunday I had in Ferrocarril. And then I thought of the last Sunday I had there just a week ago. I was gladly filled with gratitude for how much the Lord had blessed my last area. I often pray to be an instrument in the Lords hands, or to be the answer to someones prayers. And in Ferrocarril Heavenly Father answered my prayers! My faith in prayer, and in our potential as missionaries has changed dramatically this last change. I've personally come to know that when someone loses themself in the work, the Lord gives blessings. 

Thanks for all the emails. And Mace I almost forgot, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! I wrote you a letter! I hope you got it!

PS they are playing Lady Antabellum right now, and yes I am singing along!

I love you all more than you will ever know! Have an awesome week!
Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment