Monday, December 8, 2014

Baptism City


 They call Rio Branco - Baptism City

Hey fam...

Thanks for the emails, especially yours Mace. Wow this keyboard is horrible, this might be quite difficult to type today. But this last week was awesome. Like you mentioned dad, we are using the ¨Èl es la dadiva¨ or "He is the gift"  program. If you haven't seen the video go on the church's website now and watch the video, it's amazing. As a misión we are trying to  use this video as much as we can. It is slightly different here because there are a lot of people who don't have internet Access in their houses, but we are going to try and figure a way out to show it to all our investigators. I really am so blessed to be able to serve during Christmas. Last Christmas was awesome, and I expect this one to be even better. Oh and I got my packages... thanks so much I love you!!! My comp is stoked. But the presents are just going to be sitting there for like 20 more days. I don't know if I'm going to make it...  but hey I waited last year... we´ll see ;)

Macarena got baptised. She is super funny! I'm not sure how to explain her other than saying that she is quite awkward but the nicest person I have ever met. The whole Ward was so happy for her. She has been waiting for so long to get baptised and she finally could this week. It was wonderful.

Marcos and his cousin Anthony are doing great. They both went to church yesterday and we announced they're baptisms for this Thursday. We really haven't had much contact with their families, because they aren't interested. We tried talking to Marcos´ mom once because she was outside when we went by and we asked her if she would be interested in hearing a message about how her family can be more happy, but she didn't seem to care. Then we asked if she approved of Marcos going to church and of him being baptised and she pretty  much said, ¨I don't care as long as you guys don't bother me.¨ I was kind of bummed about that, but Marcos is such a stud that I have confidence that some day they will come to the knowledge of the góspel. We had an awesome charla with Marcos on Saturday on the atonement. I was so amazed at how well he understood. He definitely understands the atonement better than I did when I was 13. So hopefully we can get the parents consent so that they can be baptised this Thursday.

Adelia and Ledo are doing great. They are so funny. They always give us food and stuff. For example we got home running one night and they were outside (not sure if I told you but live right next door to them. Like we rent a part of their house.) but they just gave us a huge 3.3 liter of Pepsi, yeah that exists a 3.3 bottle of Pepsi. Latino's drink a lot of soda!  I think I am kind of sick of it. Kenna  you would die here.

But there's the update. Haha we had a Ward choir practice  yesterday, and let's just say that my ears still hurt...I don't think the practice helped at all. We are going to be singing next Sunday in sacrament meeting, pray for us!

I love you all more than you will ever know! 

Elder England


Macarenas baptism


This is what happens when Elder Parementer gets my camera when
I am verifying my District!


No comments:

Post a Comment