Monday, November 10, 2014

My Potential As A Missionary



What is the most difficult thing you have ever done or experienced?

One of the most difficult things I have ever done or experienced is serving as a full time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was called to serve in the Montevideo, Uruguay mission. As I began my mission, learning spanish and adapting to the missionary life style seemed to be two of the biggest struggles I would face in my two years of service. However, with only three months in the mission, I had adapted sufficiently to be called to train a brand new missionary. Although training was difficult, through the course of my mission I have faced trials more challenging. The biggest trial I have encountered on my mission is living up to my personal expectations about my potential as a missionary. I always pictured missionaries without flaw, and then I became one. I know that missionaries are not perfect. Inspite of this knowledge, I often expect myself to be perfect. I recognize that God expects nothing less than my best. The hardest part is understanding what my best is. If there is one thing I have learned from serving a mission, it is that making specific goals helps me to understand and achieve what God expects of me. Goals motivate me to endure past exhaustion and beyond excuses. By reaching my goals, my eyes have been opened to my infinite potential. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity that I have had to learn from being a missionary in Uruguay.

No comments:

Post a Comment