Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Lot Of Effort, With Little Results



More UTE signs!

Hola!

I wish I could have been there for the funeral, but it sounds like it was an amazing program. I'm excited to get it and read dad's talk. I've been thinking a lot about Dean and the Coffey's this week. Pres. Cook called me when I was on the bus going back to our house. It was good to get a call from him, and he said that he sent me a email but I have yet to read it. Although I'm sad that I'm not there to help, I hope my prayers do help. Although I frequently think of his passing, those thoughts and feelings make me want to work even harder.

I loved reading Macy's email from last week. I don't understand how she does it. How she is so positive, and how she works so hard. Every single week she has amazing stories of how she is being an instrument in the Lord's hands. Colorado sure is lucky. 

This week has been a little tough. A lot of effort, with little results. Well results when referring to people to teach. I feel I have learned a lot this week personally... a lot about patience. We spent a lot of the week in the street doing contacts. We had a long list of former investigators that we had split up into different groups according to where there live. So we were looking for addresses practically the whole week... and Uruguayan addresses are not the best. Not to mention that a good portion of the names on the list were from over a few years ago. Mace was mentioning that some Elders didn't keep the area book very up to date... that is a big problem here in Uruguay. 

I have been thinking a lot lately. Thinking about how at this time in my mission I feel that I am working harder and more efficiently than I have before, yet we aren't really seeing much success. With the focus of finding families, I have been praying to find a family to teach and help. Well during the week I thought that I had recieved the answer to my prayer multiple times. At the beginning of the week we ate lunch with a really nice family in our ward, and the wife of the family told us that she had a referencia that she wanted to give us. So we decided that she was going to write her testimony in a Book of Mormon and then she was going to send a message to this family saying that she was sending a gift to her with some friends. So we gave her a Book of Mormon to write in and then planned to go by the next day, well when she sent the message the family sent a message back saying, ¨Oh thank you but for now no. We don't want to learn more."  I strongly believe that we are only passing through a small trial of our faith... and patience... before we can recieve or see miracles. I know that there is a family here somewhere, we just have to keep looking for them. I'll tell you guys next week about how we found them;) cause we are going to find a family this week.

I love you all more than you will ever know! Especially you Coffey family!

Have an awesome week. Keep moving forward.
Elder England

No comments:

Post a Comment