Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bring It On Florida, This Will Be An Awesome Transfer


Playing some uno last p day!!!


Hola Familia!!!!
Bueno, we have transfers this week that is the reason I am writing today and not yesterday. But I am staying here for another transfer!!! I pretty much already knew that was going to happen because the trainers are usually with their comps for 2 transfers, but there is always a chance for everything. As I thought of what was going to happen, for a minute I kind of wanted to leave Florida. I just felt like I have literally talked with everyone here, and not many want to listen. But I then realized that I was being so dumb and selfish! We have Alejandra who is going to get baptized this Saturday for sure!!!! I really am so glad and grateful that she is going to get baptized. It's been like 4 months that we have been teaching her, and I have seen them struggle with so many challenges. I just know that everything is going to be sooooo much better after she is baptized! So bring it on Florida, this is going to be an awesome transfer! Oh and Elder Canete and Elder Gallacher are staying too.

As for Elder Cruz and I, we are doing awesome right now. We had a few disagreements this week, but now we are all good. It all has to do with the schedule pretty much. I feel like I am always waiting for him when we are leaving to go proselyting, and I've been trying to be patient (okay I think I could definitely be more patient) but we should be leaving on time to go proselyte. Okay we don't fight that much over that, It's more like ¨Vaminos Elder Cruz, ya es tarde!¨ and he usually just says "I'm coming, I'm coming". But then there was Sunday night. So we have to be in the house on Sunday at 8 instead of 9, and we had just found some new people sitting outside their house at like 8:40. So we taught the first lesson pretty quickly, but we didn't leave ourselves much time. So after I was like okay let's go, we need to run to get to the house on time so that we can record our numbers and give them to our district leader. So I started running, but Elder Cruz didn't. After looking back I asked him to run so that we could get back on time, but he said let's just walk fast. Then I said we don't have time, we need to run. And then I started running again, but he didn't. I then lost it, and started yelling! Elder Cruz tenemos que ester en casa a las 8, VAMINOS!!! He started running but just for a second, then stopped again. Okay the thing is I knew that he could run, he said that he played soccer every single day with his friends. So then after that I started saying I thought you played soccer in Peru, but you can't run for two seconds to the house! He just said, you can't tell me what to do. I said I'm not!!! These are the rules, I didn't make them! Well he ended up starting to run and we made it to the house drenched in sweat! After all that I realized that maybe I've been a little hard on Elder Cruz, I remembered how hard it was to be a new missionary, so I apologized and we are all good.

Yesterday was Elder Cruz´s birthday too, I bought him a six pack of alfajores (which are the best things ever you should look it up if you don't know what they are). We had a pretty good day yesterday and actually went to our branch presidents house for a family home evening and food. It was so fun, the presidents son in law, who is the secretary in the bishopric actually taught the family home evening. He talked about the spirit of Christmas and shared what Christmas was like when he was on his mission in Chile, Rancagua. I had a great time, and we also watched the Christmas devotional talk from President Monson last year where he talked about giving our hearts as a gift to the Savior!

I am so excited to have this opportunity to be on the mission for Christmas. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to give back just a portion of what the Lord has given me. I know that this is what Christmas is all about, it's about helping others to know and feel of Christ's love! And I am striving to really give my heart to the Lord. The only thing that the Lord doesn't have already is our will, is our hearts and our desires. This Christmas I am giving it all! I only hope that he can use me to bless the lives of others in this glorious time of the year! I love my Savior, and I love all of you more than you will ever know!

I am also so excited to skype!!!! So I'm thinking that 6 will work, we just need to find a family that will let us use their computer. But I already have a skype account, so you don't need to worry about that! I hope that the whole three way thing is going to work out. Anyways I love you all - have an awesome week!

Elder England

Our last district pic before transfers


Our branch presidents wife gave us a christmas tree!!!

And yes, I did decorate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment