Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Drenched In Sweat

So Hot!

Happy Birthday Dad - ya old fart!!!!!

Hey sorry I didn't write yesterday it was so hot that we couldn't leave our apartment without getting like a first degree burn... crazy - sounds like Marsh but opposite!

Haha just kidding the computer lab was closed yesterday cause it was El Dia De Los Reyes. It's pretty much like a second Christmas because latinos just love Christmas so much they celebrate it twice. But yeah that's why we didn't write yesterday.

But hey everything is so awesome here!!!! Really hot but awesome, actually today there is a crazy rainstorm. There have been a handfull of nights when we all wake up because the thunder is so darn loud. But I'm sure that tomorrow we will be burnin our buns off again. But I don't really mind how hot it is other than I am always drenched in sweat. It's actually pretty funny when it's really hot; when we are knocking doors or talking to people on the street when we first come up to them and talk about religion usually they just don't want anything to do with us, but if we ask them for a cup of water, they always give us water and cookies or something I find it quite sweet.

We really have not seen much progress in anyone this week. None of our investigators have been coming through with the commitments that we extend and none of them came to church this Sunday, a lot of them are actually never home. This week was pretty tough to be honest. We didn't have a lot of success, and just haven't been able to find very many people that are interested. But yesterday was so awesome!!! It was really hot and all of our plans fell through in like the first hour. But we kept working and talking to everyone that we could find, and we found two awesome new investigators, one of whom we set a baptismal date with. I pray that we can help them to progress, along with all the other investigators we have.

Oh yea hey, happy new year to all! New years was pretty dang fun we got to stay out until 10:30 and then didn't have to go to sleep until like 12 so we watched a bunch of fireworks!!! The fireworks are crazy here, it's kind of like the Guatemalan experience that we had. It was really fun.

Well I love you all more than you will ever know and I hope you had an awesome big 5 0 Cor. Just wanted you to know that I think about you so much, and am so grateful to have a Dad like you. You are my biggest example and all I have ever wanted was to be just like you. 

¨So I'm here now. I found you, Daddy, And guess what? I love you! I love you! I looove yoooouuuu!¨ -Elf


Elder Cruz found a beanie in the house and put it on my 
head and then took a picture

We had a fun activity on P Day with a bunch of youth


No comments:

Post a Comment