Monday, November 11, 2013

I Am Doing My Part To Preach The Gospel


Elder Cruz and I climbed up on the roof
to look at the sunset! 


Hey fam!!!

So my oro is... Elder Cruz! He is this funny Peruvian. We have gotten along so well over the past couple days, and I am surprised at how much he knows already. I really am praying that I can be a good example for him, and that I can work hard with him. I don't think I told you this, but Elder Canete is training too! He is training Elder Gallacher who is from Cali. So yeah we have two oros in our house. 

I have been praying for Chandler so much, but sometimes I have to try to not think about everything that is going on at home. Thankfully I have felt that all of this hasn't held me back from trying to work hard. But I really have faith that there will be a miracle! I know that whatever happens Chandler is going to be alright. 

Thanks for all the Emails. Mom sounds like you are busy like always, and I'm trying to work hard even if I have a bum comp. Thanks for the inspiration dad, you always make me feel so much better. Mags I wish I could have been there for your lesson. Soph you're not old enough to talk to boys, stop it! Oh hey I got the Game package!  I haven't read any of the letters yet, but we did eat all the food, and the little Bop-it is totally awesome. Thank yoooouuuuu!

This whole week hasn't been the greatest in the aspect of investigators. I felt like Alejandra was progressing and ready to be baptized, but everySunday she tells us that she can't come to church for some reason. This Sunday she sent us a message at like 9 saying that she couldn't make it cause her son was sick the night before and she didn't want to leave him alone for a long time but she said that she was going to come at 11 for sacrament meating. Well 11 oclock came and no Alejandra, she sent a message saying that she wasn't going to be able to make it cause it was raining at the time and some other stuff that I don't remember. Well I was pretty upside and sent a message back saying, We are sorry, but sometimes God gives us trials to see if we are really willing to obey him! .... yeah she didn't respond to that, and we haven't  talked to her since. We decided that we are going to give it a couple of days before we do anything. So with Alejandra I really don't know what is going to happen. And really other than her we don't have anybody.

We have gone by Roberto and Lorena´s house a couple of times but haven't been able to get a hold of them. I was actually a little down in the dumps the past couple of days because Washington has continued smoking too and has stopped coming to church. I feel like we have done so much to help these people but they are the exact same. I feel like they are not listening to us at all!!! Also I have knocked so many doors this week, and really haven't found hardly anyone who is really interested. So I was a little down, and my District Leader Elder Schill I think could tell, cause he calls us every night to verify how our day went. Anyways he told me to flip in Preach My Gospel to the page that says "What is a successful missionary?" This really helped so much. I realized that I can't judge my success on the number of investigators or people to teach, but on how hard I am working and on if I am doing my part to preach the gospel.

So this week I am going out with full force, I know there are people waiting for this, we just have to find them!

Have an awesome week, believe in miracles! and keep on movin on!
I love you more than you will ever know!
Elder England



There is a sweet river in Elder Cantese area
(This is when I was going out with him as my companion)



This is what I get to look at for the next 3 months - haha





No comments:

Post a Comment